Saturday, April 10, 2010

Try Not to Smash Your Fingers

I went and did a Habitat for Humanity build today. It's truly amazing to hear the sound of several dozen hammers pounding at once, all by complete strangers trying to help a family achieve the goal of owning their own home. That sort of showing of love is what it's all about. This was my second habitat build, and I would go again in a heartbeat. There is just something about helping a complete stranger, not to mention I had a fantastic time. I mean, it's not every day I you get to use lots of tools and climb up on top of houses. Anyway, now I'm just rambling. If you ever get a chance, volunteer. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Unless you're Bryson...then you'll just smash your finger till it's bloody (then make lemonade at work...)

    ReplyDelete